Monday, March 14, 2011

Presumption

Scripture:

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will travel to such and such a city and spend a year there and do business and make a profit.”
James 4:13


Observation:

James is speaking to those who presume to make plans for another day (they are assuming they will live to see another day), specifically those who plan to use their own things, or other people, and their own intellect to create personal gain.

Application:

How often do I presume something will be true? I must remember each day, each breath, is a gift from God. I must use it for the benefit of others and not for myself!

Prayer:

Forgive me, Father, for the times I have acted presumptuously. May I remember each breath is a gift from You, and may I live my life only in a way that brings glory and honor to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment