Here’s today’s verse:
Who is wise and understanding among you? He should show his works by good conduct with wisdom’s gentleness.
Definitions according to the NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon:
- wise: forming the best plans and using the best means for their execution
- understanding: intelligent, experienced, one having the knowledge of an expert
- show: give evidence or proof of a thing; to show by words or teach
- works/deeds: that which any one is occupied; any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry or mind
- good: suitable, commendable, admirable; affecting the mind agreeably, comforting and confirming
- conduct/behavior: manner of life, deportment
- wisdom: broad and full of intelligence; skill in the management of affairs; devout and proper prudence in inter[change] with men not disciples of Christ, skill and discretion in imparting Christian truth
- gentleness: mildness of disposition; gentleness of spirit; meekness
- She shows her wisdom, intelligence, and experience in what she says and does
- Her life reflects that she lives what she teaches
- She interacts well both with sisters in Christ and those who have not yet chosen to become His
- Her conduct is admirable
- She offers comfort and encouragement
- She is gentle in her approach
I need to be evaluating my actions and attitudes to ensure they match up with what I say I believe to be true.
Renew a right spirit in me today!