Monday, February 14, 2011

The Fruit of Faith

Scripture:

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith, but does not have works? Can his faith save him?

If a brother or sister is without clothes and lacks daily food,

and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you don’t give them what the body needs, what good is it?

In the same way faith, if it doesn’t have works, is dead by itself.
James 2:14-17


Observation:

1) Our salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ. We cannot earn it through our works.

2) Good works are a natural fruit of true faith. As Jesus says in Matthew 7 “you will know them by their fruits.”

3) Meeting the physical needs of others is an example of “good fruit.”


Application:

I must do what I can to meet the needs of others. It’s very easy to say “I will pray for you.” (Don’t misunderstand, prayer is VITAL!) It’s also very easy to a) forget to pray or b) not listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit when He is spurring us to ACTION.

KNOW it. DO it.


Prayer:

Lord, open my eyes to see the needs of those around me. Show me how I can meet those needs and thus show others Your love. Thank You for the ways You have met my needs, and the people You’ve placed around me to be Your hands and feet. I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment