Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Secret to True Happiness

Scripture:

But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer who acts -- this person will be blessed in what he does.
James 1:25

Observation:

Continuing in the theme of yesterday’s passage, (know it [the Word of God] and do it [obey]), the woman who is intentional about learning the will of God, and acting upon it even when it’s difficult (sticking with it even in adversity), will be blessed in what she does. So, if I am persevering in what I know God is asking of me, even when it gets hard, I will be blessed, even when I don’t see how that could be. God’s blessings often come in the most unexpected of ways.


Application:

My job is to be faithful in what He is calling me to and to persevere even when circumstances aren’t conducive to doing so. I must be consistently in His Word, and open to His instruction. I must wait when He is silent, and change direction as He guides me to. I must allow His Word to purify and transform me. This is where true blessing (also translated “happiness”) is found.

So the Secret to True Happiness is to Know it and Do it!


Prayer:

In the words of Dennis Jernigan (Make Me More Free c. 1999):

“Make me more free, free me!
More power over sinning, more power to love!
Make me more free, free me!
Fill me with Your power and love!

With wings like an eagle,
my heart made to fly
over sin over sorrow
to new realms of life
from glory to glory
my gaze fixed so high
that I only see Jesus
the love of my life!”

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Good Morning Girls. Love the post. Would love for you to check out my blog. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete