Monday, March 21, 2011

Hoarding Benefits Whom?

Scripture:

Come now, you rich people! Weep and wail over the miseries that are coming on you.

Your wealth is ruined: your clothes are moth-eaten;

your silver and gold are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You stored up treasure in the last days!
James 5:1-3


Observation:

James is addressing those who are materially rich, warning them that hoarding their wealth will benefit no one, not even themselves, because hoarding wealth will result in ruin. Clothes will be eaten by moths. Silver and gold will tarnish. And in the last days, material wealth will be of NO BENEFIT. To anyone.


Application:

This is a timely reminder to consider how I am investing my resources. Am I hoarding them? Am I trying to save them for a future time because I might need them sometime, even though someone else might need them now? In the process of saving the resources (money, clothing, books, even time) am I actually ruining the items so that no one can ever make use of them????


Prayer:

Father, I commit all my resources to You. Use them as You see fit! May my ears be open to hear Your prompting and my heart be willing to yield to Your desires! Thank You that You will supply all my needs. I ask that You use me to meet others’ needs, too. Thank You for loving me and saving me! In Jesus’ precious, holy, wonderful Name! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment