Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Have A Good Week, Lord Willing!"

Scripture:

Instead, you should say, “if the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”
James 4:15


Observation:

“Have a good week, Lord willing!” There is a lady in our local congregation who offers this as her standard greeting when she sees someone. Each time I hear this, I was immediately transported in my mind to this verse. Why? This seemingly simple greeting vividly reminds me that my days, weeks, and ultimately my whole life, are gifts from God, and my life is about glorifying Him. Each choice that I make is a choice I have only because He has allowed us free will. Anything I have is because of His graciousness to me. Including a “good week.”


Application:

My calling is to “walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which [I] have been called” (Ephesians 4:1b). Each moment of each day I need to be seeking to follow His will for my life. That is the logical (and natural) response of a gratefully redeemed soul!


Prayer:

Thank You, Father, for Your graciousness to me! Forgive me for the times I’ve tried to take various matters into my own hands. Help me to hear my Shepherd’s voice as You “guide me in the paths of righteousness for [Your] Name’s sake” (Psalm 23:3b). In Jesus’ Name, amen.

1 comment: