Thursday, March 10, 2011

Humility

***Our family went away for a few days, so I fell behind in the SOAP of James. As a result, I am combining the last two days of last week into one SOAP note for today, and next week will continue with the study as scheduled.***



Scripture:

Be miserable and mourn and weep. Your laughter must change to mourning and your joy to sorrow.

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you.

Don’t criticize one another, brothers. He who criticizes a brother or judges his brother criticizes the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.

There is one lawgiver and judge who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
James 4:9-12


Observation:

True humility is understanding Who God is, and who we are, as well as understanding that it is only by His grace that we are able to know Him.


Application:

If I truly understand that the one true God who made the earth and space and time has extended His grace to [even] me, then I will not criticize or judge others. I will understand that I am in no position to withhold grace or forgiveness from others. Nor am I in a place to set myself up as God and criticize or judge others. Only God knows the entirety of their circumstances and only God knows the true state of their hearts!


Prayer:

Thank You, Lord, for Your mercy and Your grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment