Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Whose Fault Is It, Anyway?

Scripture:

No one undergoing a trial should say, “I am being tempted by God.” For God is not tempted by evil, and He Himself doesn’t tempt anyone.

But each person is tempted when he is drawn away and enticed by his own evil desires.
James 1:13-14


Observation:

I have choices. We ALL have choices. No matter what trials God allows us to experience (and it’s all ultimately about His glory), any sin we engage in will lead from our choices, not the trials themselves. Furthermore, God does not tempt anyone to sin, so all responsibility for one’s own misconduct must lie entirely on oneself.

Also, we should not confuse trials and afflictions with temptations to sin. The greatest danger is not the wrong done TO us but the temptation to fall into sin ourselves when wronged, for example reacting in anger or unforgivingness, lying (even to protect oneself), boasting, seeking revenge, allowing bitterness to develop, or any of the many ways human nature is tempted to react to being wronged....


Application:

I must measure my choices against the Biblical standard of actions and attitudes and not agains the actions and attitudes of others. I MUST keep my focus on Jesus and bringing glory to the Father through thought, word and deed.

I am responsible for my own actions. My choices (in all areas of life) need to reflect the will of my Father.


Prayer:

“Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? And who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood And has not sworn deceitfully.” Psalm 24:3-4 NASB

Lord, give us clean hands and a pure heart. Let us not lift up our souls to falsehood and may only truth come from our mouths that we may ascend into Your hill and stand in Your holy place! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment