Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Endurance Produces Maturity

Scripture:

knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.

James 1:3-4


Observation:

We can “consider it ... joy when [we] experience various trials,” because during the trials (which are tests of our faith), we can KNOW that this testing will produce endurance. Endurance, which Strong’s Concordance defines as “the characteristic of a man who is not swerved from his deliberate purpose and his loyalty to faith and piety by even the greatest trail and sufferings.” Endurance means staying true to our purpose and loyal to our God, regardless of what’s going on around us.

And what does endurance do? Endurance develops perfection, maturity, completeness.

Application:

It is my responsibility to stay true to what I know, no matter how I feel or how things look around me. How can I know what is true? I must stay connected to Jesus, reading His Word, abiding in Him constantly, for He is my constancy in the storms of life. He is the one thing I can always know to be true.

Prayer:

May the cry of my heart always be, “make me a servant!” Thank You for the strength You give to endure trials...be glorified in me, I pray....

No comments:

Post a Comment