Thursday, January 20, 2011

Single Mindedly Loving And Serving Him

Scripture:

That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.

An indecisive man is unstable in all his ways.

James 1:7-8


Observation:

“That person” refers to one who is doubting (see verse 6).

“Indecisive” is rendered “double-minded” in other translations. “Double-minded” can also mean “divided in interest.” It would seem that the implication here could be that of one who is not committed to her faith, one who is undecided about choosing to believe He is Who He says He is.

We receive from the Lord through faith, so without faith we CANNOT receive from Him.

Application:

The question for me is not, “is [a particular activity] sin?” The question is does [a particular activity] contribute to godliness? It’s important to be singly focused on loving and serving Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Prayer:

“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.” (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)

Help me love You, my Lord and my God, with all my heart, soul, and might. May all areas of my life reflect You and Your love, goodness and mercy! All praise, glory, and honor belong only to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment