Monday, January 10, 2011

Spiritual Goals for 2011

Good morning, Sisters!

A New Year often has people considering resolutions or goals for the upcoming year.  I've been praying about and pondering various spiritual goals for this year, and here is what I feel the Lord is calling me to:

Reading more Scripture:  That's one reason I decided to redo the "Bible in 90 days" challenge.  Many of you did this with me last year.  This year, I've joined the challenge at The Mom's Toolbox.  It's a bit different than last year's plan, as this plan reads straight through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Memorization:  Of course, reading large sections of Scripture is wonderful, but really letting it soak into our hearts is VITAL.  That's why I've also taken on the challenge presented by Beth Moore to memorize 24 verses this year (2 per month).  (The first verse I've been working on is I Corinthians 6:12 NASB:  "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable.  All things are lawful for me but I will not be mastered by anything.")  I am encouraging each of you to take this challenge on also.  Pick a verse that is meaningful to you, and meditate on it for half of each month.  Even if you don't end up memorizing the verse word for word, the meaning of the verse will soak into your heart, and you will see amazing spiritual growth and healing occurring in your life!


Ongoing Bible Study:  Bible study is different than reading or memorization (and also a vital spiritual discipline!).  So these online Bible studies will be continuing.  :)  The next study will be going through the book of James.  I've felt a nudging toward James for a few weeks now, and when I realized that an online accountability group called Good Morning Girls was going to be suggesting this as their spring study, I thought - what better time than now?  So I'll be trying to follow their schedule in studying the book.  We'll start with them next week.  :)


Accountability:  I'm asking God to put me into some face-to-face accountability relationships with other women.  We SO need each other to walk through today's world!


Prayer:  This one is still unquantified, but no matter how it plays out, I know the Father will be working on me in my prayer life this year (as He does every year!).

Worship:  This one is also still yet to be defined, but I'm excited to see what God will do in my life as I continue to learn to worship Him in spirit and in truth!

I'm so thankful for His grace!  Praying for each of us to know Him more fully in the coming year!

Much love,
Penney


No comments:

Post a Comment