Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wisdom: Ask In Faith

Scripture:

Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him.

But let him ask in faith without doubting. For the doubter is like the surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind.

James 1:5-6


Observation:

1) It’s safe to ask God for wisdom, He will not criticize us for our ignorance and He will give us the wisdom we ask for.

2) We are to ask believing He will answer. Doubt is saying God is not who He says He is.

Application:

How often have I NOT asked God for wisdom? What foolishness! He will answer, because His word says He will, and He is true to Himself. Not asking, or not believing He will answer, is saying I know better than God. OUCH!

Prayer:

Forgive me, Lord, for the times I have not humbly sought Your will before stepping out. Forgive me, also, for the times I have asked but not waited for Your answer! Thank You for the assurance in Your word that You will give generously! Help me to ask in faith. “I believe, help Thou mine unbelief!”

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I just wanted to say I found you through Good Morning Girls.

    This is a nice blog post.

    I often forget to ask God for wisdom too.

    I am glad there are so many of us taking this journey together!

    Carolyn "Carrie"
    www.carriefairythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are doing a great job with the S.O.A.P. method!!! I love what you wrote about asking for wisdom! James 1:5 is one of my favorite verses! I don't think we can ever have enough wisdom!! :) Thanks for linking up with us at Good Morning Girls!!

    Love God Greatly!
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete