Thursday, January 27, 2011

If It Looks Good....

Scripture:

Don’t be deceived, my dearly loved brothers.

Every generous act and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning.

James 1:16-17

Observation:

ALL good things come from our Heavenly Father. If it looks good but isn’t from God, it is NOT good, no matter how it looks. If it is from God, then IT IS GOOD (no matter how it looks!).

God is constant. He does not change. He is not two-faced or fickle. He is Who He is.

Application:

God is good. He does not change. He loves me because I am His. And all the good things in my life are solely because He has given them to me. Hallelujah!

Prayer:

Thank You, Father God, for the grace and mercy You have extended to me! Thank You for the many, many good and perfect gifts You’ve given me. Thank You for giving me a secure place in Your family! I love You!

1 comment:

  1. Penney, I really needed to hear this this morning...we have been praying through an opportunity that Jim has been offered at work for over a week now. In some ways it seems positive, but in others it doesn't. God is not the author of confusion. If it is from Him, there will not be a "check" in anyone's spirit on it or a "shadow cast by turning".

    Love,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete