Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Story of Ruth

Scripture:

Ruth 1 - 4


Observation:

Ruth is a wonderful example of a godly woman. Times are tough, and yet she models several positive character traits. She is loyal (1:14), optimistic (1:13), hard working (2:7), submissive (3:5-6), and acts with faith and integrity (1:16; 3:7-14). She is blessed by God, and is one only five women who are named in the genealogy of Jesus.


Application:

Trials help grow character. I need to remember this and be thankful for the trials God allows me to experience.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

James 1:24 ESV



More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s loves has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Romans 5:3-5 ESV




Prayer:

Father, forgive me for the times I have complained about difficulties. Forgive the pride, arrogance, sense of entitlement, and disbelief that such grumbling implies. Thank You for the times of growth You’ve given me through trials. Help me experience joy in the midst of all kinds of trials and suffering. And thank You for loving, saving, and using me to accomplish Your will! I love You!


No comments:

Post a Comment