Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Deborah Leads Israel

Scripture:

Judges 4 and 5


Observation:

Deborah is the only female Judge mentioned in the Bible. Deborah simply said and did what God told her to (4:6, 7, 14), and the effect was freedom for an entire nation (4:23, 5:31). The natural response to this victory was a song of praise (chapter 5).


Application:

What’s important is the ability to listen to God and the willingness to rely on Him! Bottom line? It’s about listening and obeying. Freedom will follow. And praise is the natural response of a freed life!


Prayer:

(Psalm 84:11-12, adapted)

For You, my Lord and my God, are my sun and my shield! You bestow favor and honor. You withhold no good thing from those who walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts! Blessed is the one who trust in You!

May my life reflect my trust in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment