Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gideon Defeats the Midianites

Scripture:

Judges 6 and 7


Observation:

God used Gideon to bring freedom (again!) to His people. What did Gideon bring to the equation?

  1. He prayerfully (and humbly!) sought confirmation of what God was asking him to do
  2. He was willing to submit to the calling of God and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit (he was obedient)
  3. He relied on God’s power and not his own
Application:

In order to be used by God I need to:

  1. Accept His invitation, by faith, to become His child
  2. Humbly and prayerfully seek God’s will for me
  3. Be willing to submit to that calling (be obedient)
  4. Rely on God’s power and not my own
Prayer:

Father, please use me! I commit my all to You and trust Your power to accomplish what You call me to. Thank You for using someone such as I!

No comments:

Post a Comment