Friday, April 1, 2011

James Conclusion

It’s hard to believe 11 weeks have passed in the book of James! It’s been a slow and methodical process through the book, and it is my hope that your lives have been as impacted by James’ words as as mine has been!

Good Morning Girls is spending one more week wrapping up James, with next week’s assignments being to spend each day answering a question about your experiences in studying the book of James (the complete assignment can be found here). I’m going to post a summary of these questions today for your perusal (and briefly answer them myself), and next week (Lord willing!) we will begin another Bible study together here at Better Things!

  1. What is your favorite verse in the book of James? Write it down and memorize it.
    • I think my favorite verses are “My dearly loved brothers, understand this: everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger, for man’s anger does not accomplish God’s righteousness.” James 1:19-20 HCSB. These verses hit me when I realized the Greek word for “anger” applies to other intense emotions, also. It is so easy to react to an assumption of the other person’s intent, and these verses help me to not do that (at least not as often!).
  1. What is one thing you learned about God through James?
    • There are so many things! The first thing that comes to mind, though, is that God is a God of love, and He is also a God of action - He acts out the amazing love He has for us! As a result of His choice to act on that love, He shows me that my actions need to reflect His love, also.
  1. What are some things you need to repent of in your life?
    • There are many things that I needed to repent of while completing this study, and they all pointed to pride. I’m SO THANKFUL God has not given up on me, that His lovingkindness is everlasting, and that His mercies are new every morning!
  1. How has God worked in your life over the past 12 weeks? What has changed?
    • I react less to assumptive thinking and spend more time trying to understand other people’s perspectives. I’m also more likely to take action toward meeting the needs of others, rather than assume someone else will do it. And both of those things are only because of God’s grace!
  1. Rejoice - sing praises to God! His word stands sure and true. Spend time thanking Him for His truths and what He has been doing in your life over the past 12 weeks.
    • THANK YOU LORD for Your blessings to me!
Thank you for going on this journey with me! I pray your life has been effected by the Word of God. I know mine has been. He is so faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment