Monday, February 16, 2015

Jesus. Is. Better.

About a year and a half ago, a close friendship ended. The parting process was quick, unexpected, and painful. The loss of that relationship resulted in my questioning many things, including my gifts, skills, abilities, and ministry call.

Not quite a year ago, my family experienced another loss. We had been approached about adopting a second child and after multiple conversations all involved parties had agreed to an adoption plan. A few days after the baby was born, however, there was a change of heart and our family needed to say good-bye. This parting process was also quick, unexpected, and painful.

In walking through the pain of these losses, I have been quiet here on the blog. I’ve been letting my Father work - cleaning out sin, loving me, healing hurts, and reminding me of who He is. He Who was and is and always will be. Constant. Consistent. Present. Loving.

I sense it is time to return to Better Things. And, interestingly, today a group of women all over the world are beginning an online Bible study at If:Equip. Perhaps of even more interest is the book being studied: Hebrews.

You can check out the introduction to the study here. My favorite line from the introduction is this:
…the author is trying to show that Jesus is better than the old covenant, better than the priestly system from before, the best, the once and for all sacrifice for sin, the perfect Savior.
Jesus. Is. Better. 

I’ll be reading along and will occasionally post here throughout the course of the study. I’d love to have you join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment